Sunday, June 6, 2010

danger! danger! run away! run away!


The other day I was at the church with some friends sewing these looooooong stretchy white panels to fit over PVC frames. They'll go in the background of the band set and have various colored lights shining on them. Very nifty. But I digress. Anyways, about 3 feet into the first panel, all of a sudden, SKQURNK!! machine thunks to a halt. Serious, massive thread jam. Doing my best to stay calm, I tried to remove the jam, but then realized that internal parts were actually bent. So I had to finish up using someone else's machine and then dash mine off to the repair shop.


It was a pretty easy repair, but it took a couple of days to get it done. Meanwhile, back at home, packages begin to arrive in the mail to taunt me. Amy Butler fabric squares bought on Ebay. Michael Miller Groovy Guitars fabric. "Dad-ish" fabric for Father's Day stuff for the shop. Various emails and order requests from friends. Umm...thank goodness I wasn't in the middle of any custom orders!! I satisfied myself with knitting and preparing for hosting a baby shower Saturday night (although I could not actually sew the gift, so they will have to get it later!)


Then the call finally came and with a giddy heart I drove the 45 minutes into downtown Austin to the shop. Paid for and picked up my machine and the nice repairman even showed me how to do a couple of things. And then I made the mistake of talking to the saleslady about sergers.


Heaven help me. I thought I wanted a serger badly before this. Now I can barely stand it.


The 5-thread stitch! Sewing knits! What it could do for my patchwork addition! OH. MY. EVERLOVIN. GOSH. 6 months no interest. Free lessons. I got as far as taking the credit application, before I came to my senses (pictured my husband's face if I brought it home, especially since the day before I had just gone on a "we need to stop spending money" bender).
I just about ran out of the store.
But I actually had a dream about it last night. Is that sad?
Someone buy it for me, please.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails